Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Libby's Pumpkin Pie Recipe

So with the canned pumpkin shortage finally being finished I can use up my cans of pumpkin I've been hoarding for the last year! Yesterday we made the Libby's pumpkin pie recipe for my mother-in-laws birthday!

There are a lot of things out there that I will buy generic, but for canned pumpkin I usually do get Libby's because their pumpkin tastes so good but also because I think their recipe is the best so they deserve my business! :-) My 4 year old helped mix the pie together and she was very excited that it smelled so good! She kept having me smell it! Silly girl!

Here's the recipe:
1 can Libby's canned pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie mix)
3/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 eggs
1 (12 oz) can of evaporated milk
1 unbaked pie crust

Mix the sugar and pumpkin pie spice together in a small bowl. In a large bowl beat the eggs. Add the pumpkin and sugar mixture. While stirring, gradually add the evaporated milk. Pour into unbaked pie crust.

Bake at 425 for 15 min. Lower temperature to 350 and bake for another 40-50 minutes or until set. Let cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Refrigerate or serve immediately!

I decorated the pie seen here with whipped cream place in a cake decorating bag and used a star tip and round tip for the words and border! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment